01 March, 2014

Finding the Perfect Place



So I should probably update the world with the newest news of my newest house. 

Unfortunately, my previous love (I may have been slightly delusional when falling in love with this house which apparently is how it’s supposed to happen, right?) and I were not meant to be.

By this, I mean that the sellers of my great remodeling project were unwilling to put a new roof on (asphalt shingles over cedar shingles do not equal home insurance) or install the vapor shield underneath the house (because it sits on a natural spring, whodathunkit?).


So, amongst several minutes of tears, one glass of wine, a couple curse words, and a deep sigh of acceptance, I cancelled my contract on that house and begrudgingly began to look at other options. 

Well, God must have known that he had a MUCH better place in store for me because with Zillow and an AWESOME realtor in tow, I put an offer on the first house we looked at that afternoon! 

Introducing, my newest digs! And it has all the highlights I wanted, plus a rocking alarm system AND a fireplace! Woo-hoo!

Okay, I sound like an old lady, but the house really is amazing and much better than the previous one. Everything I would have done to update the first house is already completed in this one which means I get to spend more time decorating and crafting things, which is really what I want to do overall.







No comments:

Post a Comment