17 July, 2015

Eggplant Pizza

With the wedding around the corner, my no carb diet is being kicked into high gear (like no more cheating...oops!)

So I decided to make some yummy delicious eggplant pizza that I had pinned quite a while ago.

Double awesome because our local sprouts had eggplant on sale for .48 cents this week!

Yum!



This recipe is super easy and I can't remember where I originally found it.


Cut the eggplant into 1/4 inch pieces and sprinkle with course salt. This draws out the bitterness of the eggplant which happens when its too ripe. Let sit for 20 minutes then wipe off.




Sprinkle each piece with olive oil and then season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning (of all the million spices we have we were actually out of Italian so I used oregano and parsley).


Bake the eggplant for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.

Remove from oven and spread pasta sauce, cheese and toppings of choice on top.

Pepperoni for me, obviously!

Broil until the cheese is bubbly.


Enjoy!

They're even good heated up in the microwave the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment