22 May, 2015

Honeysuckle

I was amazed this spring when the plants finally bloomed to find out that our neighbors have a huge honeysuckle plant that grows along our back fence.



I love the smell of honeysuckle! It used to be one of my favorite scents when I worked at Bath and Body Works (I know, I know, its probably not like the real scent and they've since discontinued it but it will forever be my favorite). 

When we realized that it was growing the fiance and I immediately went to investigate. You could smell the aroma of the flowers (especially since it had just rained) and it was overwhelmingly beautiful! 


We even saw a bee hard at work! 




The fiance taught me the secrets of the sweet nectar within the honeysuckle. 


Holding a flower in your hand, you grasp the bottom vein (I have no idea what it's actually called) and slowly pull it downwards.



When you do this, a small bubble of nectar will appear at the base of the body of the flower. This is what you eat!


Yum! 



No comments:

Post a Comment