08 February, 2015

If you give a mouse a cookie...

If you give a mouse a cookie (or in our case, dog food), he'll likely take over your laundry room and begin to torture your existence with his little mice friends!

I, my friends, have an infestation of mice!

Yes, I know...its disgusting!

They showed up about two weeks ago when I noticed that there was a corner of the bag of dog food chewed out. Yes, chewed!

After noticing the chewing, I saw the droppings.

And after the droppings, I saw...IT.


A mouse.

There was a mouse in my laundry room.

And the cats hadn't caught it yet.


One mouse, however, turned out to be the least of my worries.

Total killed so far: 16

4 killed by cats

10 killed by traps

2 killed by being hit with a broom handle and flung across the kitchen into a cupboard.

Yes, it got into my kitchen.

Now, my laundry room is seperated from the main house. It's an addition, not heated or air-conditioned and is directly connected to the garage as well. I'm not as grossed out by having the mice in the laundry room as I don't have to see them but only hear the *snap snap snap* as the traps go off.

But seeing a greedy little mouse stick its nose up through a crack between the foundation/air vent and begin to scurry around my kitchen (thank god for cats) was about the last straw for me. I screamed and the fiance was quick to act by grabbing a broom and killing it.

We've got more traps and poison set out and are thinking that they're dwindling down if they're brave enough to come into a house filled with three cats but I'm still peeved.

Any ideas on killing/getting rid of mice?

No comments:

Post a Comment