08 July, 2015

Cards Suitcase

We're three weeks from the wedding!

3 WEEKS!

It seems like time is flying by while also taking f-o-r-e-v-e-r!

One of my final wedding tasks (seriously though, most of the to-do items are finished which is a yay for me!) is to create our Cards box for the reception.

Side note* just had an amazing idea for a "Honeyfund" box that I will think about creating this week!

I've had several Pinspirations that I've come across which have led me to create the card box for our reception.






So the first thing I did was locate a suitcase that would work. The above picture was the one that I liked the best and felt would be the easiest to replicate. The fiance and I went to an antique market and searched through several options to find the one that I finally decided on. 

Ta-da! 




Okay, first things first, rip out the terrible fabric inside. Bleh!





I really had no plan for how I was going to recover the inside, I figured I would wing it along the way. Thankfully I got a pleasant surprise. The inside consisted of several panels that were going to be super easy to cover! 

I grabbed some blue fabric that I had in my stockpile (see babe, totally not a hoarder) which is going to match nicely with the color theme of our wedding.

With all the panels, I removed the previous fabric including the pockets. Starting with the top panel, I placed it face down on the fabric, knowing that the bottom would be the side showing. I'm somewhat of an expert present wrapper so I simply folded the fabric around the panels like a present and hot glued it down.









Ta-da! 

For the inside panels, I cut them into individual sections instead of the single piece that I pulled it out as. 



Individual side pieces covered


Re-glued the bottom panel first, then the two side panels. 




Front panel and back panel were last. And it's done! 

For the "cards" sign, I found letters and banner forms at Hobby Lobby (50% off of course) and spray painted them silver and pink. 



After that, I used the got glue gun and glued each letter onto a separate piece of banner piece. 



Using some ribbon in matching pink color, I threaded it through the pre-cut holes in the banner pieces. I put a dab of hot glue on the back of each banner piece to hold the pieces in place on the ribbon so they wouldn't move.

I'm not too concerned with what we're going to do with the suitcase after the wedding. Because of this, once I found where I wanted the banner to hang, I hot glued it to the suitcase to hold it in place. 


These puppies are on pretty tight so if I ever want to take them off I'm sure I'll need a chisel of some 
sort. 

All done! 


Since I had the hot glue gun on I quickly turned these butterfly pins into hair clips for my nieces to wear on the day of my wedding. 

 






No comments:

Post a Comment