06 June, 2015

Laying Eggs

My girls are about 5 months old and *should* start laying eggs soon. We're crossing our fingers that it'll be within the next month as egg prices are rumored to go up and we tend to eat a lot of eggs since we're both on a paleo-like diet (like meaning I sometimes LOVE a good loaf--er...piece of bread).

Any who, we eat a lot of eggs and I'm ready for my girls to start giving back and contributing to the family (because the cats contribute sooooo much).

Some of the research I've done said to put some golf balls in the coop to help the girls know where they should be laying their eggs. Well we already had a bunch of ping-pong balls so I figured those would be just as useful.

Set up in the coop! 


I hope this works! 

While we wait for our eggs to be laid, the weather turned super hot! Like, super humid-hot. We went from a month of straight rain to a dry-humid 90-degree day! Ugh! 

My future mother-in-law previously linked us this image from the FB page All Things Farm & Country

A couple cans of corn that are frozen in the freezer and tada! An awesome treat for the girls on a hot day. 




They were super easy and quick to make! I love using my silicon muffin tin because the pieces popped out without any trouble. It's probably my favorite thing right now. 




No comments:

Post a Comment